Topic: [THAC 8] Venusians

Directory Link

[THAC 8] Venusians

Venusians (YouTube HD)

Worked very hard to get this all done in the time. As a result somethings were not very polished in post production. Hope you enjoy the story as that's about all there is.

Last edited by bodville (December 20, 2010 (01:34am))

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

Re: [THAC 8] Venusians

That was pretty cool despite some technical imperfections, I like how ambitious you were in making a relatively long film.  Admittedly, I think my favorite part was the rather precise recreation of the THAC 8 logo at the beginning, the titles were all very nice.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I hosted a live web camera during THAC-8. I twitered a few times about it but then got busy and forget to post the link more. I'm not sure if anybody actually watched any of it live.

As it was live some shots were a closed set as I didn't want to give the story away. Also at times the cord wouldn't let the camera sit in a very good spot.

The web site had a new images every 10 seconds but I stored an image every second. By 5:00am when I stopped recording to begin editing it had recorded over 21,000 images. I cut out some boring bits and sped up the slow bits. You get to see the whole film being made including all the failed space ship crash scenes that never made it into the final edit.

YouTube (HD)

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

bodville wrote:

I'm not sure if anybody actually watched any of it live.

I did! Not the whole time, because it distracted me from animating, but I kept dropping in and dropping out throughout the 24 hours.

I'm impressed. The plot wasn't too clear, but it makes sense when you go over it again in your head afterwards. The live action parts were quite novel - for the crash scene, am I right in thinking that you filmed the minifig being thrown around, then played it in reverse? Brilliant sets, as always, but your trademark cartoony style seems to be a bit absent (although perhaps that's for the best, seeing as this is a more solemn tale than your usual fare).

I like it though!
4/5

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

I did like...twice.

I also checked on your live webcam.  I thought it was a very creative tactic to use to distract other filmers from making their entries mini/tongue  Seriously though, it was cool to see you work on your entry.

Concerning the film, I quite enjoyed it.  Your animation and lighting was nice, along with your sets.  The story followed the theme and it was quite easy to follow.  You have talent.

I didn't check on your live cam, was too busy myself...
but your entry is really great. I like it!

click->youtube - twitter - vimeosoup

Very enjoyable entry. As always, this film has greatly entertained me. mini/wink

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028